Tuesday, March 15, 2011


Question: I had RK surgery when I was 45. I am now 62 and wondering if I would be able to have Lasik surgery to better my vision?

Answer: The most important question you need to have answered is whether your current vision is due to a normal change in prescription, a result of the possible instability of your RK, possibly the beginning of a cataract or some other eye problem. All of these questions can be determined at a consultation and examination by a physician who is a Refractive and Cataract Surgeon. With proper testing it will be possible to determine what options might be available to give you the best results. Laser Eye Surgery such as LASIK may be one option. Lens Replacement Surgery may be another option. It all depends of the status of your vision and the health of your eyes. Your next step is to schedule a thorough consultation with a Cataract and Refractive Surgeon.

Important Note:The information presented on www.blog.seeewithlasik.com or provided in response to a request for information in the Ask LASIK Surgeons section on www.seewithlasik.com is not intended to diagnose or treat eye problems, eye conditions or eye diseases including appropriateness of treatment, risks, complications or side effects as related to LASIK. In particular a response to an inquiry made on the Ask LASIK Surgeons section of www.seewithlasik.com is not meant to take the place of the professional medical care provided by your eye doctor, ophthalmologist and LASIK surgeon. Contacting us via e-mail or any other means is not a substitute for medical care.

No comments: